Individuals living with Alzheimer’s, or any other type of dementia, may require more specialized care.
The Montecito Memory Care Community embraces the Montessori-Inspired Lifestyle Program developed by Dr. Cameron Camp, the Founder and Director of Research and Development at the Center for Applied Research in Dementia. This Montessori-Inspired Lifestyle Program focuses on a holistic care approach with an emphasis on physical and cognitive therapy practices.
About the Montessori Approach
The brand new stand-alone Montecito Memory Care Community is a single-story campus comprising 40 private studios specifically designed to foster a community-based experience for the residents, their families, and staff caring for them. Group engagement programs establish social roles and a sense of belonging, while singular activity programs cater to the needs of each resident independently.
The combination of programs ensures each member sustains a sense of purpose and engagement while maintaining personal independence.
Whether your loved one is in the early stages of dementia or they have been fighting the disease process for many years, The Montecito’s Montessori-inspired lifestyle program fosters independence, belonging and purpose, while providing the safety and security those suffering from dementia require.
The Montecito is excited to announce that we have received our Gold Certification from The Center for Applied Research in Dementia as a Montessori Inspired Lifestyle Community!
We have taken this program campus wide, so that all our residents can be a part of the program, which includes resident designed and run activities, resident input into things like our menus and fitness classes and creation of social groups such as our garden club, knitting group, volunteer groups and more.
To find out more about The Montessori Inspired Lifestyle go to www.cen4ard.com
Where Comfort and Care Come Together
New State-of-the-Art Memory Care
- Six “neighborhoods” help create an intimate, home-like setting
- Floor plans prioritize indoor/outdoor activity and engagement
- Common area design includes indoor walking paths to encourage exercise and physical wellbeing
- Private studio units with full-sized bathrooms
- Secure courtyards offer outdoor access and freedom of movement
- Caregiver stations allow line of sight observation of residents for safety and security
- Secure, locked unit for resident safety
- 24-hour security system
Montessori Inspired Programming
- Offers a “person-centric” care approach that focuses on each resident’s strengths
- Individually tailored care plans
- Emphasis on “can”, not “can’t”
- Provides meaningful activities and social roles
- Fosters independence, belonging and purpose
- Cultivates self-respect and dignity
- Activities encourage personal choice and autonomy